Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Challenge #8...having our way with log cabin blocks!

September Mini Mania Challenge....sixteen log cabin blocks using one or one and a half inch strips going three or four rounds around center.  Easy Peasy.
Picking a design...not so easy!
Log cabin blocks are as versatile as half square triangles...just a little more involved to piece.  Therein lies the problem....you really need to think of your design before stitching all those strips together!
 Using leftovers from the Grandmother's Flower Garden WIP and some neutrals from my scrap bin, flowers grew in a lovely log cabin lawn. Used a little Chenille-It for fuzzy stems. 
Yes, it's a 16" mini...
 ...and a 16" pillow!
 Love to make pillows out of minis so they serve double duty.
 A little applique, some buttons and perle cotton stitching brightened it up!
Now it is tucked away waiting for the quilt to be finished. Some day!!
 At the shop we are getting ready for Houston, cutting, cutting, cutting.  
Made new fabric logo labels....
 ...for our new fushia aprons!! 
 If you visit I don't think you will miss us! 

~d


3 comments:

  1. I love this! But I don't think I can plan ahead like that -hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you mini. I also love the way you mix things up, in comparison I am so boringπŸ˜…πŸ˜…. Wish I could see you in Houston πŸ˜“πŸ˜“

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to Houston Dee? Lucky girl. I love your cushion, great idea x

    ReplyDelete