Thursday, September 22, 2011

It was supposed to be a tablerunner....

....but I went a little overboard!
How have you all been doing? I can't believe it's been since the end of August that I last posted...I have no excuses except I really didn't have anything interesting to show or tell...just life happening and it's been good!:) I did finally finish this quilt.

It is going to the UK for Maria's flatmate Rose's family as a thank you for signing as Maria's guarantor....paying rent monthly is soooo much better than having to pay three months at a time!

We so appreciate their trust in her and felt a little thank you was in order....but I was having so much fun stitching this and that....it became a lapquilt!

The print is In the Beginning's Botanica....I just love it...I hope they do too!:)


BTW...notice the new Webfabrics button I have over there on the right? My sister Foo made it for me...that's where I work and now when I talk about a fabric I bought from work you can click over there if you are curious!;) She made my flickr button too! If anyone is interested in a button and can't make one...like me...Foo's your gal!!:)

This IS a runner I made for my SIL's bday....I made the photo skinny on purpose because the runner is only 7 1/2 inches wide. Scraps of brown and black sewn into a long strip and then cut into squares...easy peasy. Was looking for something really cool for the back and found the perfect thing in my stash...and it was only 8" wide...awesome!!:)


Went to the Bluemont Fair last weekend....

...such a cute town in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains where Washingtonians used to go to beat the heat of the summer...until the train stop going that far!

Lots of yummy food...this being the heathly stuff...didn't take a photo of what we ate!;)

Lots of great Flea Market goodies...Hey Dad...think you could make one of these?

And lots of flowers to be planted for the Fall...but I need to sew and that's just what I have been doing. I just can't show anything else to you....sorry!

How about this....Maria.... is this good for your curtains? Better be since they were mailed today!:)


~d



















3 comments:

  1. How cool are those curtains?!?!? Heh heh. I love that quilt, too, what a nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THOSE ARE AWESOME. And the quilt is nice too, I bet they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very busy. We went to the Bluemont Fair for three years in a row, Was the Vintage Lady there? All vintage tableclothes and aprons, lace? So much fun. Fall in Virginia is so beautiful- take lots of pictures. Love ya

    ReplyDelete