Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'm swapping with an eight year old....

....and I am so honored and thrilled!:) Especially since Max is a Star Wars fanatic like my own kids!:)

This month's theme at The Mini QT Swap was windows and doors sooooo since my partner is the very talented Max and his favorite character is Obi-Wan Kenobi I thought What did Obi-Wan fly? An email to my girl in the UK and a quick reply...."an Eta-2 Actis-class light Interceptor." Of course...why didn't I think of that?;p


So here is my version using some Stonehenge for the planet and space, some batiks, a little Fairy Frost, Dimples, felt...and clear vinyl...

...instant Jedi interceptor...well maybe not instant!:)
I made a slit in the back of the window and a pocket in the front because I wanted Max to be able to take the figures out.

I permanently "borrowed" a couple of my son's micro machine figures...these were made WAY before Max was even born and before the SW prequels...back when Polly Pockets and Micro Minis were one inch tall...before they made them bigger because they were a choking hazard!


The ion cannons were made out of shish kabob sticks colored with Sharpie...the laser fire is glow in the dark thread as is the...

...white Fairy Frost binding!:) Love that My Universe backing fabric...you can just see the little slit to the left of the E in Earth. Love that seamripper too!:)

Can't just send a mini to an eight year old without some goodies and a few things for his sister....no those books aren't the boy's...I bought them especially for Max. I hear he loves the mini!;) Thank heavens!

(I put the avocado there for size reference!)

Now I'm making (trying to follow) recipes for The Turnips that Ate Virginia! Hope the relatives are ready for these on Thursday!:o


~d

ps...I can't wait to get my mini from Max....stay tuned!














3 comments:

  1. You're awesome to make that for Max. As I said on Flickr, I hadn't realized that it glowed in the dark too...amazing! And look at all that loot! He must have been bouncing off the walls. Cool seam ripper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. :) I'm 40-something, and would love to get this in a swap!

    ReplyDelete