Sunday, January 31, 2016

New Year, New Mini Mania Challenge #11

Hmm...what to do for the Mini Mania Challenge?
 Had some scraps.
Leftovers from this quilt. 
 Which was in this book.
Challenge 11 was to make a sampler....with nine blocks.
So I did....eight around the border and one big one in the middle.
 A bit of hand quilting with perle cotton to finish.
I love the stripe stems....and everything else about it! 
So glad I get to keep it!

In the meantime we had a Blizzard...
...a really big Blizzard with over 30+ inches of snow.
 There was loads of time to do some English paper piecing.  The Glorious Hexagon quilt pack #1!
Of course that was after we did some shoveling!!

~d

6 comments:

  1. Your minis are so different, I love the surprises you give us. It turned out beautifully, I love it and bet your glad you keep it. Has the snow gone now or are you still building snowmen x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great interpretation for the challenge. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mini - and I agree with Jo - it's always a surprise! You're so creative. I hope the snow is mostly gone by now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I forgot to say "yay!" for your quilt in that book. How fun! Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely different idea for your Sampler Dee! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And am loving those paper pieced units. That's a lot of snow you have done so well to clear as much as you have

    ReplyDelete