Friday, April 27, 2012

Gardening and Grannys

My pal Amy at "During Quiet Time" has been having more fun with her garden series of paper pieced patterns.  
Don't you  just love this pot and spade combo.  I did a little extra by using some leftover HSTs on the pot.  Sewed the label from a couple of scraps of sewing themed fabric. The label says "Block of the Month, Quilt as desired"!  I will!:) BTW...this pattern is FREE on Amy's blog!!
The fifth in Amy's series is this gorgeous greenhouse.  Don't you just love the lace on the top...I would love to have a greenhouse like this....we have stacks of odd windows in our basement...maybe one day!:)  Go visit Amy's blog and see her amazing version of this Victorian Greenhouse, tell her I sent you!
Round 12 at the Old Red Barn Co. Quilt-Along is Granny Squares.  I used some 4" 1895 batiks I already had cut out so it made the blocks 15".  Used the leftovers in the center.  Now I need to quilt it but I'm having a problem thinking how I want to do it...any suggestions?

At work I've been leading our Mystery Block of the Month quilt, these are the blocks for May...have I shown you the other four blocks I've made for this quilt?  I can't remember!

~d
ps...this took me forever to post....learning the new blogger...but I kinda like it.
Now I need to figure out Google Chrome!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for testing and picking up on my errors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue and red combo in the Mystery Block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so productive! I love your granny squares. :) I've still only completed two blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looooove your gardening combo!!! I'm very excited with these pattern too!!

    ReplyDelete