Monday, July 18, 2011

DQS 11 Peek et al!

Yep, it's Doll Quilt Swap 11 time and I was lucky enough to make the lottery. This round we are going back to their roots and making a true doll quilt using multiple repeating blocks...no art quilts. Above is the label for this wee quiltie...

...and this is the peek...4" Hexie Stars!;) So much fun...might even make a bigger quilt one day...of course with bigger stars! This is a secret swap so my partner has no idea this is for her...hope she likes it!


I just finished a One-on-One swap with the lovely Mandy from Australia. She made a mini she called girl pals for someone else and I begged her to do a swap with me and she graciously agreed. Lucky me!!:)

This is what will be winging it's way to Australia tomorrow...it's 9x12...the perfect size to fit in a mailer without folding! Hope you like it Mandy...that is if you peek!:)

Here is another peek of a couple of blocks from my secret project...I'm just having TOO much fun!;)


~d







6 comments:

  1. Crap, now I'm all jealous of the DQS. I didn't enter (or last time) but I might have if I'd known about the no art quilts thing. Love the wee dolly quilt (check out the necklace!!) but my fave is your flags. How cool are they?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your quilt is going to be amazing!! And the label, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right - I LOVE the flags!! Can't wait to see more. And your doll quilt looks incredible. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! The girls have arrived! They are adorable, I so love their bling!! And I didn't peek, soooo hard! They have travelled around the house with me all day, and they'll sit on my bedroom dresser tonight and then back beside the sewing machine tomorrow. I love them, and I love that you made them for me. They are also making sure I finish yours.......small amount of hand sewing to do then to bind, labels done, in the mail on Friday. I've probably gone overboard, it's in keeping with my character!! *snickers loudly*

    ReplyDelete