Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hold Tight!! This is about the cutest thing I have ever MADE.....



1994...see him holding his fav Dino?:)
....other than them of course!;) But I digress...this is what I wanted to show you...Several years ago, when James and the boys started Hold Tight! , they were thinking up tee designs and this is what I came up with...a play on their name. I have been wanting to make a banner with this design and on Saturday I finally did!

Ta DA! I don't know about you but I think this is so stinking cute! I mean I guess a pop-punk band isn't really into cute but that's what happened!

It is about 27"x 20" with a few ties holding it on a dowel. I used a bunch of black and brown scraps for the letters and owl....


... the owl is loving that moon which is made out of Michael Miller Glow in the dark Fairy Frost!:)

The boys loved it....here they are playing at The Old Firestation #3 in Fairfax, VA...it was so great to be able to see them...a fun afternoon was had by all...thank heavens for earplugs!;)

Eric, boy, Jake and Alex

After the show the boys gave us some exciting news...they have been invited to play at FEST 10 in Gainesville, Florida on the weekend of Oct 28-30! It's quite an honor because this is the biggest Punk Fest of the year and it's the 10th anniversary so they have invited back all the biggest past bands and hardly any newbies....except our boys!;)


Congrats boys!!

xo

~d
















6 comments:

  1. How awesome! I just love that they love it!! My youngest son is in a band too and it's so fun to watch them. One of my first sewing and embroidery project was making him a tote bag to carry his humongous pedal. Yikes! It's a hot sloppy mess but he takes it everywhere with him. Gotta love those boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, lads!! What an achievement!

    Missus, that really IS stinkin' cute. You are so talented - good job you're totally lovely or you'd be unbearable! *g*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's super cute. The band must be so excited about their invite! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the banner is super cute! I likee!
    And the swap you did with Mandalin? I met up with her a month ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Punk quilts? Definitely stinkin' cute. As for the earplugs - Wookie used to work for MTV in Camden and said they were invaluable at times :)

    ReplyDelete