Saturday, July 21, 2012

Machine Power, Hand Power....and a Bit of Both!


This is what greets me when I go to work...don't you wish that was your stash?:)
Sewing has been happening...even more than what's below....high temps have kept me from finishing big things but slowly I'm scratching WIPs off my list! 
In the meantime...
 Bitty Block Bee June theme was Wine so from field to table these 3.5" were made for Julie.
July's theme Denise picked mushrooms!
For the Sew Fun Bee June is a Bottled Rainbow block for Amber.
July brings hexagon flowers for Wendi.
 I'm jumping ahead with Dena's choice for August....a Scrapbuster block!
 These were the things I made at the Fat Quarterly Retreat in London...the start of my love of English Paper Piecing!
(Both aprons have a top piece but it can be worn up or down...and reversed!)
 A couple of aprons made for some special young ladies who love to surprise their parents with baked goods and tasty dinners....and they clean up!:)  Gotta encourage that to continue!
An international Sunbonnet Sue made for a project my coworker Penny is working on....I chose the Eskimo since I was born in Alaska!

A little baby quilt for a pal of the girl.
Love this little quilt made for Lynz...or rather really for her spouse!:) It's his car, Stink Eric, love that moniker!  It was so much fun to make...once I figured out how to do it!
 But while I am trying to get through the 13 quilt tops waiting to be quilted this is my latest obsession....hexagons....546 of them basted to be made into 78 flowers.  So far 14 of them are finished.  Guess I should get off the computer and get on with it!

~d

2 comments: